Medela Freestyle Breast Pump Review
Hands-Free, Portable, and Powerful
Can’t wait to get yours? Click Here Now to Save up to 10% on the Medela Freestyle Breast Pump at Amazon
Because of its very lightweight and small design, the Medela Freestyle breast pump can be carried inside a handbag making it very portable and convenient to use when away from home. It operates on a rechargeable battery that can run up to 3 hours on a single charge, eliminating the need for locating an outlet which is the case for most pumps. The Freestyle also has memory buttons that allow you to save pumping patterns so you can set the pump to your exact pumping preferences quickly and hassle-free.
Is Medela’s Freestyle Breast Pump Right for You?
Here are the benefits of the Medela Freestyle Breast Pump:
- What separates the Medela Freestyle breast pump from competitors is its extreme portability. It weighs less than a pound and easily fits into a handbag. It runs on a rechargeable battery that can operate up to 3 hours with a single charge. This is extremely beneficial for Moms who are working or are regularly on-the-go.
- The Medela Freestyle utilizes Medela’s unique Two Phase Expression technology that is designed to simulate a baby’s natural nursing rhythm. This lets Moms express more milk in shorter periods of time.
- Because it comes with a hands-free kit, Moms can move around and continue to do other things while pumping. You don’t need to stay put in one place during the whole pumping session which many Moms hate.
- The Medela Freestyle has a memory button on its digital LCD display that allows Moms to store and save their ideal pumping pattern and settings. It lets them have a consistent pumping experience and express more milk as the pump keeps their ideal settings.
- All parts on the Freestyle that come in contact with breast milk are BPA/DEHP Free so Moms don’t have to worry about the safety of their expressed milk.
What are Moms Saying about the Medela Freestyle?
Best Pump, Worth the Money
The Medela Freestyle Breast pump is great. My husband and I did a ton of research on pumps that would be easy for me to use at home and discrete enough for me to carry in my work bag, this is it. Although I have never used a hospital grade pump I can tell you that this pump works great. It is small and you can move about with it if you use the hands free kit. The pump and its parts are also easy to clean as the membranes for this pump are a lot bigger than the other Medela pumps which makes it easier to clean and handle. I don’t know why any parent on the go would invest in another pump.
B.M. – Medela Freestyle Reviews
Love this Pump!!!
I love this pump! The hands free option and dual pumping is awesome! It has made my life with a two month old so much easier. I am able to pump and do things around the house or tend to him at the same time. I was using a Medela single pump before and I was not able to get as much out in 15 minutes as I am with the Medela Freestyle. It is well worth the extra money in time savings. I was having a problem with because my milk supply would be low in the evenings but after using the Medela Freestyle breast pump for just a few days I was able to store up a lot more milk for when I return to work. I would highly recommend this pump to anyone that would like to increase their milk supply, freeze milk, and pump hands free.
O. Sugrl – Medela Freestyle Reviews
This Tiny Pump is awesome!
I was using the huge electric pump which I got from the hospital for five months. It was really uncomfortable and expensive. I was always thinking of buying another pump. When I saw the Medela Freestyle Breast Pump on Amazon with excellent customer reviews, I bought one straightaway. This pump is simply awesome and works great. The breast shields are softer and pliable, which makes the whole process comfortable. I can even read a magazine while expressing milk.
A. Rivera - Medela Freestyle Reviews
Here are the cons of the Medela Freestyle Breast Pump:
- A few Moms have complained about the bag that comes with the Freestyle saying that it should be bigger because when all the accessories are loaded in the bag it has a very tight fit. Many moms did not see this as an issue because they use their own bags for the pump.
- The accessories and replacement parts for the Medela Freestyle pump are not available in local retail stores and must be ordered online.
Do you own a Medela Freestyle Breast Pump? We would love to get your feedback on this product. Submit your review or feedback to the Save A Ranch team by using the Contact Us link.
Hands-Free, Portable, and Powerful